Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

IMG_8293

Hello and well wishes to everyone!

Lately I’ve been so interested in sweets. Not just eating them, but making them. This is odd for me because I’m usually more into the savoury and I typically enjoy creating recipes with those types of flavours. But something in me has changed and I’m going crazy over cookies! I hope that’s ok. I’ve made a few cookie recipes for this blog and they’ve been chocolate flavoured, and those are good, but I’ve been itching to make a classic chocolate chip cookie.

Finding a base for vegan cookies is often the biggest challenge. I like to use peanut butter because it holds everything well, but sometimes I want a more neutral taste. Another option is vegan butter but it’s not the healthiest choice. I like nut butters as a butter alternative and I find almond butter works well for cookies because it has a nice nutty flavour without being excessive or too distinct. If you have a nut allergy you can also swap it for sunflower seed butter and your cookies will have a great base and still taste like great chocolate chip cookies.

These cookies were made with the intention of being allergy and intolerance friendly, while obviously being vegan. They’re meant for everyone and I have to say they’re my favourite cookies I’ve ever created.

makes around 20 small cookies Ingredients

1 tbsp flax seed with 3 tbsp water
1/4 cup and 2 tbsp natural almond butter
1/2 vegan brown sugar
2 tbsp agave syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup and 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour (you can make this by grinding rolled oats if you want)
2 tbsp starch (I used tapioca)
1 tsp and 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup with around 3 extra tbsp or as much as you want vegan chocolate chips

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, add the flax and water and combine and let it sit while you collect your other ingredients. Add the almond butter, sugar, agave and vanilla to this bowl and stir until it is well combined.

In another large bowl add the flour, starch, baking powder and salt. Then add this in batches to the wet mixture and stir it until it is combined. Then add in the chocolate chips.

Next you’ll want to mash it altogether with your hands and then take out small bits of dough and shape it into balls. The dough is a bit sticky so this works much better if you do it with wet hands. Once you place them on the sheet press down on them. Flatten them a bit, but don’t worry about flattening them out completely. You will likely need two trays because most only hold 12 and you want to leave room for spreading but if somehow you are able to get everything on one sheet go ahead. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Once you remove them from the oven, let them cool for at least 5 minutes. You can transfer them to a cooling rack if you want but it’s not necessary.

Enjoy! Eat as you please, I don’t think you need my advice on this. Hope you like them!

IMG_8290

IMG_8295.JPG

Please follow and like us:

15 thoughts on “Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

1. 0757snl.com says:

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz reply as I’m looking to create my own blog and would
    like to know where u got this from. thanks a
    lot

• vegango_rdyj04 says:

Hi thank you! I used Dreamhost to create this, and everything you see comes from their designs and templates. IT’s actually quite easy to do yourself so I recommend it

2. MerrillX says:

I have noticed that your website needs some fresh content.

Writing manually takes a lot of time, but there is tool
    for this boring task, search for; Wrastain’s tools for content

3. Trudy says:

Businesses are erasing the boundaries between nations and
    as a outcome, communication compete with
    the requisite role in expanding your reach as entrepreneur.
    Communication, in this quandary, is the wit to convert
    between any lingua franca brace there is and the rewrite services increase has made it steady easier.
    You righteous be suffering with to make unwavering the company you empower your rendition offers adequate accommodation,
    which can be verified through checking the reviews of the fastidious one.

4. The Word Point Translation Services says:

It has in no way been easier to opt between the rewriting services, as all
    customer opinions and testimonials are gathered in identical place as a service
    to you to pick the best. Take off injurious calibre
    and as a culminate wretched experience alongside
    consulting any rewording website reviews. Thoroughly written testimonials purpose guide you including the
    activity of selecting the united and but rendering usefulness that last will and testament
    fit your needs.

5. How to write an award says:

Could use the airline industry as a reference/model and relate
    it to the cruise industry since airlines are always
    looking at how to fill their planes to max
    capacity before taking flight because every open seat on an airplane directly relates to loss in profit.

6. Research Proposal Example says:

Man truly a crazy story. I was one of the top sales ppl for T-mobile in Holland when they had just acquired Orange.
    I remember offering the candybar nokia phones to ppl
    with free car gps systems just to get the deal. While htc, samsung, lg and later
    Apple were hitting it big with innovative products, they were still relying on bulky
    phones with symbian. Look at them now. crazy how
    that guy said that they didn’t do anything wrong.
    Says it all. Hey Tom! You hit it outta the park man. Keep em coming!